Concierge Medical is delighted to announce it has joined companies such as Capita, Aviva and Deloitte in signing up to the Good Business Charter (GBC), an accreditation that seeks to raise the bar on business practices for employees, tax, the environment, customers and suppliers.
Concierge Medical is proud to be the first General Medical Practice to join the GBC.
The Good Business Charter exists for all companies, charities and public sector organisations across all industries and sectors and works through a simple online self-certification process. At a time when people are caring more about who they work for and who they buy from, the Good Business Charter offers a straightforward accreditation which recognises organisations which prioritise and care for their employees, the environment, customers and suppliers, whilst also paying their taxes according to the spirit of the law. The GBC and its members seek to inspire many other businesses to follow suit.
The Good Business Charter has the support of both the CBI and the TUC which both have trustee representation on its board. Other partners of the GBC include the Living Wage Foundation and the Prompt Payment Code. The GBC has been set up by a charity called the Good Business Foundation and accreditation will be free for all companies in the first year.
Chairman of the GBC board, Simon Fox, said, “It has never been more important for businesses to regain trust and show they care about more than just profit.The Good Business Charter brings together 10 standards, most of which already exist, but in separate places. We have brought them together to give a coherent overall position for businesses to aspire to. We believe that the GBC has enormous potential to change business practice for good. We hope that because of its simplicity and cost effectiveness, it will quickly gain support.”
Kat Carrick, Managing Partner, of Concierge Medical, said, “Concierge Medical, founded in 2013, is a private general medical practice providing continuity of care for our members across the Cotswolds, Warwickshire and Oxfordshire. We provide a comprehensive medical service to our members at home and also operate a private Out of Hours service ensuring our member can always access us 24/7 for urgent medical advice. We are committed to providing an assured, reliable, and discreet service to our members. We are delighted to be recognized and accredited for our good business practice which ensures excellence is at the core or everything we do for members, our team, the environment and suppliers.”
The GBC consists of 10 components and more details for each of these components can be found on the GBC website: www.goodbusinesscharter.com
As an organisation with under 51 employees:
- We commit to pay our directly employed and regularly contracted staff the real living wage as defined by the Living Wage Foundation.
- We commit to only use zero or minimal hours contracts when it is mutually beneficial and accepted by both us and the employee.
- We will actively support and encourage employee well-being treating those with legitimate sickness in a fair and respectful manner and promote access to impartial support and advice for employees with physical and mental health needs.
- We commit to having a way where every employee can make suggestions or raise issues with senior management.
- We commit to have robust measures in place to encourage diversity at key stages of recruitment, selection and retention of employees and to prevent harassment or victimisation in the workplace.
- We care about the environment and encourage the development of good environmental practice as an organisation, seeking to minimise our impact and commit to improve it.
- We commit to pay our taxes where applicable, only use tax allowances for the purpose intended, and be transparent in our relationship with HMRC.
- We have a clear commitment to our stakeholders and prioritise addressing and learning from stakeholder feedback, seeking to put negative issues right.
- We commit to ethical sourcing of anything we purchase, such as by applying standards set out in the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code where relevant.
- We commit to paying our suppliers promptly, and within at least 30 days.
Founded in 2013, Concierge Medical Practice has progressed to become a national award-winning private General Practice, providing the best healthcare to individual clients and businesses throughout Cotswolds, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, and Oxfordshire.
Our members have a named private doctor, providing on-going continuity of care. Our list size is kept small to guarantee availability and quality. We are a home-visiting practice, so all consultations with the private doctor are at our member’s home or office (or by phone, video, text etc). Our private doctors are readily contactable for home visits, remote consultations, advice and support. We have a strong network of secondary care and allied health professionals who complement our general practice services and whom we can readily access. All our private doctors are full time employees of Concierge Medical. They are all experienced GPs and have chosen to work as Concierge doctors as they understand and value the benefits of a strong patient-doctor relationship.
Concierge Medical is not tied to specific hospitals, insurers, or conventional ways of working. Our only concern is for our clients and their health and wellbeing.
Our team of private doctors pride themselves on offering the highest quality of care to our members. Getting access to medical care at a time that is convenient for you is essential for your health and wellbeing. Most importantly, our private doctors always have time for our members.
Find out more about the benefits of having a private doctor.
- West Midlands High Growth Business of the Year at the 2020 Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) Regional Awards
- Best Rural Professional Services Business at the 2019 Rural Business Awards
- West Midlands regional winner FSB and Worldpay UK Business Awards 2017 and 2018
- Winner of the 2019 “Women Who” Small Business Award and overall Judges’ Recognition Winner
- Voted Best Private UK Primary Care Practice at the LaingBuisson Awards 201
- Winners of WhatClinic’s Patient Services awards
For more information, please contact Kathryn Clarke on 07376 487576 or by emailing email@example.com
#PrivateGP #GeneralPractice #PrivateHealthcare #Doctor #HomeVisit #HouseCall #PrimaryHealthcare #PrivateDoctor #Medicals #Medicalchecks #accreditation #GBC